Thursday, August 28, 2008

So long sweet friends




No I am not saying goodbye to any real friends, but I am however saying goodbye to friends of the refined carb (sugar) variety. Yes I have been told by my doctor that I have a somewhat good chance of getting gestational diabetis and that means NO SUGAR. I even have to limit my fruit intake. So at least I will be super healthy this time around and hey maybe I won't gain FORTY lbs. this time. Maybe I can keep it to 25 or 30. But anyways, farewell sweet friends, I will see you in 5 months time. Just in time of V-Day!

8 comments:

camille said...

WHAT??!!! That is crazy. Oh well, I wish someone would tell me I CANNOT eat that stuff. Not even fro yo? Oh no!!!

meeshw said...

Whoa! Not sure I could do that...good thing I am way past having babies...then again it would not hurt the newleywed weight gain that has been going on the past few months...:)
I guess having a healthy baby and feeling good will give you the best motivation. Hang in there!

Mark and Meghan said...

what a sad sad day! what we do for babies!? good luck...

Elizabeth said...

wow that would be so hard! I should really do it with you! I just don't know if i can!

SUMMER said...

BIG TIME BUMMER!!!! I will bring you some sugar free treats soon my friend!!

tracy said...

It's amazing what we'll do for kids. Good luck and just keep thinking about that beautiful baby that you'll have in 5 months.

Roney Family said...

What a bummer, good luck with that. Hey, I will eat enough for you and me both!!

Marcy said...

Oh no! So sorry!

I was dx with borderline GD with Chase, and was treated as though I had it the rest of my pregnancy. If you have any questions IF you get to that point, let me know!

Stinks about the sugar. Ah, the things we do for our kidlets.