Monday, November 12, 2007

Here it goes

Here I go. 7 random facts about me. Everyone else has these wonderful amazing facts about themselves, but I am basically an open book. So you probably already know all of these things.

1. I was hit by a car when I was 5. I was coming home from school and I ran in front of the bus, this was before the stop signs on the side of the bus. My mom watched the whole thing from her car. She had just pulled up the car and couldn't get out fast enough to yell to me. I can only imagine what went through her head, but I was totally fine. I did not have even a scratch on me. From that point on I never wanted to ride the bus again.

2. I met my husband in the most random way ever. It was in provo and I was a freshman in Helamen Hall's and I had just sent my boyfriend on a mission 10 days earlier and I was devastated. I was talking on the phone with my mom and she told me to get over it and go out, meet people and have fun. So my friends and I decided to go "hotdogging." Now all of you may not know what this is. You buy hot dogs and throw them at unsuspecting bystanders from your car. No one gets hurt, it is just random and gross. I know that is so sad and weird, but true. So we were getting gas at a gas station and then we threw a hot dog at my husband and his friends who were there and then they hung out with us the whole night and the rest is history. It is a great story though.

3. My name is Brooke and I am a shopaholic. Ok I know that most women think that they are, but I really, really am. It is good that I have finally gotten to know what a budget is and means, because there is nothing that I love more than strolling the mall for fabulous finds. I know that is totally shallow but hey it is true. I love shopping and I am learning to be a better bargain hunter. I envy people who are really good at finding great deals, I need to take lessons in that department.

4. I don't want this to come off as bragging, or tooting my own horn, but I really think that one of my talents is that I am a good friend. I love having good friends and being a good friend. I really try to help out my friends and I love making new friends! I think life is all about the more the merrier!

5. I wish I could live a double life where I live in a fabulous New York City apartment and I perform on Broadway and My life is fast paced and crazy. I love to sing so much and I wish I could do it professionally. I love the way that you can portray emotions through song. People all the time tell me to try out for American Idol but I know what is really important and it is not that, but hey I can live outside of reality sometimes can't I??

6.Growing up I was the most boy-crazy girl ever! I think that I had a crush on like almost every boy. I think that my parents didn't mind because I never liked one boy long enough to really have any serious relationships. I liked one boy in my ward though, and looking back I was so embarrassing, I thought that I was going to marry him! Oh my goodness. I actually thought that I was going to marry a lot of different boys! So silly! I honestly never went through a phase where I thought boys were icky or gross. I had a boyfriend in pre-school and I have pics to prove it. Sad, but true. But now my heart belongs to my best friend and best hubby Bret.

7. I have three adopted siblings and one bio sibling. My bio sib really looks nothing like me. She has the BEST curly blonde hair and green eyes and the most rockin body EVER! And my other siblings are 1/2 black 1/2 white and they look nothing like me. My family is the rainbow family and I love it! I wouldn't have it any other way!

3 comments:

Elise Lundquist said...

oh this is a nice post

Roney Family said...

Hey brook, Patience roney, chatted with you at the ward halloween party. Havent seen you since. Well maybe I haven't been at church. I want to keep in touch. We need to do a park day or a get together. Right now I am super sick, but when I get better, it would be awesome. Glad you have a blog.

patienceroney.blogspot.com

SUMMER said...

I love Elise's comments. She is so funny! And I love your cute family & siblings. I saw you guys all at Nordstrom last friday night. I have been meaning to tell you. Bryan and I were literally RUNNING in to get some soup before his dad spoke at the MV stake center. I'll see you soon!