Monday, April 27, 2009

trying

Last summer when Nie was hurt in the plane crash I was completely consumed with their family and all the things that they were going through. I miss her daily updates, I loved her blog then, but I love it even more now. When she blogs about the little accomplishments that she makes in her progress I am overjoyed for her. She seems so grateful for what she has and has such a great attitude, I cannot believe that.

She longs for simple but beautiful things. She wishes she could make her bed, and be pregnant again and wear her old clothes. If only I valued little things like she does. Especially how she veiws pregnancy and how much she loved it. Often I complain about how hard it was to be pregnant and how sad I am that I have weight to loose. How trivial it all seems.

When I look at my life, it seems easy compared to her situation and yet I feel overwhelmed so much of the time. I often think about President Hinkley's talk where he talked about life being a long train ride with short bursts of beautiful vistas and gorgeous scenery. I wonder why it can't be easier. But like Nie said, "everything is under control." I might not have everything under control myself but at least someone else does. And I can try my best.

I am trying to be more positive
I am trying to make good choices
I am trying to enjoy my baby
I am trying to look at my small accomplishments and acknowledge them
I am trying to be better

and that is all I can say.

No comments: